« Home | Samuel Adams Black Lager » | The Governator Ale » | Ballast Point Big Eye IPA » | Butte Creek Organic India Pale Ale » | Hoptown IPA » | Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye » | New Belgium La Folie » | Rogue FestivAle » | Smuttynose Big Beer Series: Wheat Wine Ale » | Okocim Porter » 

Thursday, March 23, 2006 

Alesmith IPA


99 /100

I drink this regularly; in fact, it is probably my favorite IPA.
It is one the first West Coast IPAs, I really got into when moving to California. When I first tried it, I liked it but I wasn’t use to the enormous amount of hops. I was a pussy. Now I can’t get enough it, it’s remarkable.
Cascade hops are now pretty much my best friends. West Coast IPAa are a staple of my refrigerator and anytime I can step to a Double, Triple, Imperial – anything, anyway you want to call something with absurdly high hops in it – I’m all about it. What really elevates Alesmith’s IPA above and beyond the truly great Cali IPAs is the way it has a slight sweetness than keeps the hops at bay. It ties it all together in a nice, smooth manner.
I really can’t say enough good things about this beer. I send to my friends on the East Coast – who, unfortunately cannot get it there. I dream about when I sleep. Seriously, just go out and get yourself one, if you can.