« Home | New Belgium La Folie » | Rogue FestivAle » | Smuttynose Big Beer Series: Wheat Wine Ale » | Okocim Porter » 

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 

Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye


88 / 100

This is a fine, interesting beer that I consume regularly. About fucking time I gave it a write-up.
Firstly - I hate rye. It's disgusting. Were it not for the thorough recommendations this beer had been given, I never would have tried it.
Stupid rye.

Thank god I taste absolutely no rye in this at all. It pours a dark auburn color with a beefy head - that retains seemingly forever. The aroma is all hops- very piney with a slight nuttiness. The malty flavor adds a great taste to the overwhelmingly wonderful hops. It's sweet and bitter. A nice alcohol warming as the creamy beverage smooths out. Easy to enjoy and there's plenty more where this one came from.

Delicious.