« Home | Ballast Point Big Eye IPA » | Butte Creek Organic India Pale Ale » | Hoptown IPA » | Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye » | New Belgium La Folie » | Rogue FestivAle » | Smuttynose Big Beer Series: Wheat Wine Ale » | Okocim Porter » 

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 

The Governator Ale


70 / 100

E.S.B. brewed by the Pyramid / Portland Brewing Co.

Having not had the beer in a couple years, and finding it on sale for a measly $1.99 for a bomber; I decided to give it another go.
It poured a golden color with a slight head. The aroma was malty with hops in the distant background with a slight citrusness and caramel. The flavor is sweet but subtle - perhaps too subtle. The hops give a lil kick not something I often associated with ESBs. The mouthfeel is smooth but thin. It went down relatively fast - very drinkable - to my surprise. Guess I was thirs-taaaay!
I'd say it's better than the dumb title gimmick would suggest, but nothing phenomenal.