« Home | HITE!!!! » | Breckenridge BBQ & Brew Pub » | Pizza Port Wipeout IPA » | Alpine Beer Company » | Rogue Imperial India Pale Ale » | The Silver Fucking Bullet » | Perdition » | Stone 10th Anniversary India Pale Ale » | Bluegrass Brewing Co. American Pale Ale » | The 45th State, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latt... » 

Friday, September 15, 2006 

Left Hand Imperial Stout

81 / 100

"A black beer to brighten your day" as the label says. Bottled on 2/22/06.

I picked this up in Boulder, Colorado on my travels. I poured this into my Stone Imperial Russian Stout goblet and then started thinking about Stone Imperial Russian Stout. Ahh so good. Anyhow this was a fine beer too, not one to compete with Stone's but very few can.

The color was dark as can be with a cereal milk looking head. Coffee, chocolate and toffee dominated the aroma. The taste was much of the same with a slight single malt scotch flavor in the slick finish.

This did brighten my day.