« Home | The Silver Fucking Bullet » | Perdition » | Stone 10th Anniversary India Pale Ale » | Bluegrass Brewing Co. American Pale Ale » | The 45th State, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latt... » | Three Floyds Gumballhead » | North Coast Silver Jubilee 25th Anniversary Ale » | Unibroue Chambly Noire » | Z Street Brewing Company » | Magic Hat #9 » 

Thursday, September 07, 2006 

Rogue Imperial India Pale Ale


78 / 100

Despite the thick pricetag ($12.99 for a fancy ceramic bomber), I had to give this a try, at least once. I love IPAs and love Rogue. Had to do it.

It's hoppy, not the mega-sweet hop bombs I've come accustomed to. It's akin to Stoudt's Imperial IPA - the kind of meaty hop malt character. It's a flavor, I'm noticing more from East Coast hop monsters, even though this is from Oregon. Someone with better brewing knowledge could ID the type of hops better.

Overall it's a fine beer. The flipcap was put to good use, as the 22 oz. was a bit much for my one sitting. And the price was a bit much for a bomber. I'd love to try this on tap.