« Home | The 45th State, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latt... » | Three Floyds Gumballhead » | North Coast Silver Jubilee 25th Anniversary Ale » | Unibroue Chambly Noire » | Z Street Brewing Company » | Magic Hat #9 » | Berkshire Brewing Company » | Smuttynose Brewing Company - the Big Beer Series » | Smuttynose Brewing Company » | Wachusett Brewing Company » 

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 

Bluegrass Brewing Co. American Pale Ale


85 / 100

For Christmas, last year my father signed me up for a Beer of the Month Club. It's great. I get 12 beers delivered to me every month. Two breweries are represented - 2 different styles from each, so a total of 3 of each different beer. Many come from places, I would not normally get to try - like Kentucky. This came as part of my beer of the month club, several months ago.

Pour a golden almost amber color with a decent 2 finger head. The aroma is exactly what I want in a APA: nice hop presence, some citrus and a pleasant grassiness. The hop flavors finish with a nice malt character. Very smooth, very enjoyable. At times it seems more IPA than APA. I guess that's how I like 'em.

Sadly, there were only 3 and this not available anywhere near me.