« Home | Father's Office Los Angeles » | Trumer Pils » | Yebisu » | Telegraph California Ale » | Imperial Norway » | Pure Luck » | Hollister Brewing Company » | Do you know the HARVEST??!!! » | Kennebunkport Brewing Company » | Stone 11th Anniversary Ale » 

Thursday, May 01, 2008 

Tröegs Nugget Nectar


92 / 100

Third day in a row he is blogging? Get the fuck out.
I really like the make up of this beer - an ultrahoppy amber ale. I admit ambers are not toward the top of my favorites. Hop the shit outta them and now we're talking!!!

The color is (wait for it...) amber. Little bit of a head tops it off. First inhale - boom, hops. I tried to get the malty red character but enough my nose wasn't having it or it simply wasn't there. Oh well - I like hops. The taste mellowed out with some of the toasted characteristics you would expect from a red, all of the while hammered by hops.

This is how I like my reds.

This kid is on fire! 3 posts 3 days! That looks very tasty about now..what hops?

Post a Comment