« Home | Hollister Brewing Company » | Do you know the HARVEST??!!! » | Kennebunkport Brewing Company » | Stone 11th Anniversary Ale » | A Tale of 2 Rogues » | Craftsman 1903 Lager » | Stone Brewing Old Guardian early 2007 release » | Miller Chill » | San Pedro Brewing Company » | Redwood Bar and Grill » 

Sunday, December 23, 2007 

Pure Luck

Pure Luck
707 N Heliotrope Dr

Los Angeles, CA 90029
(323) 660-5993

Somewhat new vegan restaurant / pub in my hood that I somehow only found out about last night. They have 15 beers on draught: some incredibly tasty stuff (6 from Craftsman, 3 from Stone, AleSmith Speedway Stout , Hop Rod Rye and about 5 others). One of the best beer selections in Los Angeles, I was floored. For $4, you get a 16oz OR 20oz "pint", which is about as cheap as pretty much anywhere for quality beer.

The food is really good as well. I got the "carnitas" which were made of marinated jackfruit. I was very impressed. It didn't taste like pork, but was very flavorful and definitely seemed meat-like. I saw their french fries, which looked great and their plantain taco is supposed to be bomb.

I definitely recommend. And Scoops is right across the street for desert.