« Home | Imperial Norway » | Pure Luck » | Hollister Brewing Company » | Do you know the HARVEST??!!! » | Kennebunkport Brewing Company » | Stone 11th Anniversary Ale » | A Tale of 2 Rogues » | Craftsman 1903 Lager » | Stone Brewing Old Guardian early 2007 release » | Miller Chill » 

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 

Telegraph California Ale


90 / 100
I've had this beer now several times and each time I find myself enjoying it more. My brother now lives in Santa Barbara; so one fine sunny afternoon while visiting him, we biked over to the Telegraph Brewing. It's a small operation that offers tastings - I definitely recommend swinging by if in SB.


Since then I've been seeing their quality beers popping up throughout Los Angeles and more often than not - it's this one.


It's generally considered a saison but thisdarker and a bit maltier than a traditional one. In fact, there's no indication by Telegraph themselves that this is a saison. The rest of the elements certainly suggest it though. It has the pepper and citrus tones. A flavor that is quite complex but enjoyed so simply. The malty edge Telegraph infuses will probably be a bit confusing initially - for me the first two times I've tried it. But it warms up to you and you can easily see how this helps it transcend to a be a beer that can be enjoyed all year round.

I wanted to invite you and your blog to my social network for beer drinkers - www.democracysdrink.com

A lot of bloggers have joined and talking beer and promoting their blogs. Hope to see you there.

A: Yellowish - Amber, small light brown lacing, good carbonation
S: Yeast, Light cream, orange peel, lemon zest, barley, creamy malt
T: Grass clippings, yeast, grain, orange, lemon
M: Creamy yet carbonated. Starts out sweet, ends tart.
D: One and done, but a nice change of pace for me.

upholstery cleaning los angeles

Post a Comment