« Home | Weyerbacher Brewing Company » | Surly Brewing Company » | Guinness Foreign Extra Stout » | Bière de France: Part 4 - Falstaff » | Bière de France: Part 3 - Où ? » | Bière de France: Part Deux - Flanders » | Bière de France: Part 1 » | Library Bar » | Craftsman Brewing Co. » | Bonaventure Brewing Company » 

Friday, January 26, 2007 

Pelforth Brune


69 / 100

Seeing it on the shelf and curious, I grabbed a can of this at the local convenience shop in the Bastille area of France. I poured it into a wine glass as it was the most appropriate glassware at the flat I was staying. Colorwise and aromawise - everything was fine, basic Belgian brune qualities. The taste was - I guess it tasted like a Heineken maker making a brune. So I wasn't surprised to see that they were the owners of the Marseille brewery. One was enough; Leffe, Affligem and Grimbergen were readily available and much better at this type of beer.