« Home | Trappists » | Taj Mahal Premium Lager » | Brother Thelonious » | Wolaver's Witbier » | De Proef Zoetzuur Flemish Ale » | Stoudt's Double IPA » | Fuller's Vintage Ale » | Alaskan Smoked Porter » | Sloeber » | Russian River Salvation » 

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 

Westmalle Tripel


96 / 100

To continue my love for the Trappists, I recently hundered down with an old favorite: Westmalle's Tripel.

Pours beautifully into my chalice; a nice hazy golden color with a thin white head that retains quite well with some gorgeous lacing. It has a sweet aroma with citrus fruits evident and the slightest hint of coriander. It tastes remarkable - sweetness in the yeast, some cloves and bit tart. Nice medium body with a warming alcohol feel. The 9.5 is very well hidden. I could drink a few of these.

The best tripel I've ever had. Delicious.

Monks, what can't they do?